August 5, 2020
We hope you have had a safe and enjoyable summer! We would like to again share our appreciation with the help and support you provided regarding the last few months of school. Without your assistance during that time, instruction would have been limited and challenging. Because of the challenges we are still facing, we would like to update you with the current VWES schedule, school safety, and remote learning.
- VWCS start date for students is August 24, 2020. (Collectively, Van Wert County schools have decided to provide additional time for staff professional development regarding safety, instruction, and remote learning options for the school year.)
- VWES is changing the time of opening the building for students being dropped off. VWES will be opening at 7:30 a.m. for those parents dropping their students off in the morning. Students will still have the opportunity to participate in breakfast and the walking program.
- Class lists will be posted after 5:00 p.m. on August 7, 2020. The class lists will be posted on the doors of the VWES Commons. Please understand, class lists may be subject to change based upon enrollment.
- As an additional safety precaution, VWES will have additional staff available to assist first grade and new students to their appropriate location in the building. Following the safety guidelines, we are working to limit the number of visitors in the building. Unfortunately, due to the newly revised safety guidelines, parents will not be permitted to walk children into the building.
- Students are encouraged to bring a filled water bottle to drink from throughout the day.
- Open House — We will not have our traditional open house this year. Teachers will be providing a virtual grade level message that will be shared before school begins.
- In regards to safety, VWCS continues to coordinate with the Van Wert Health Department to remain current on updates. Staff and students will be encouraged to social distance when possible. In accordance with state mandates and Van Wert County School guidelines, 1st - 5th grade students will be required to wear face coverings except in special cases. Bus drivers and students are required to wear face coverings on the bus.
- Remote Learning — Parent-Selected Remote Learning registration is from July 31 through August 7. Please contact VWES if you would like to register your child(ren) for remote learning. For more information regarding Remote Learning, please visit vwcs.net.
In closing, as we begin and progress through the school year, please keep in mind the fluidity and possibility of numerous changes that VWES may be facing. We appreciate your continued support and partnering with us to meet the educational needs of our students. Thank you for your continued flexibility, cooperation, and patience.
For a complete classroom supply list, click here.
Mr. Justin Krogman
Mrs. Tracy Wehner